The Senior Procurement Specialist will execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods and services, as well as ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner that is in accordance with procurement regulations.
Main Responsibilities : -
- Provide purchasing and procurement services to the company in line with corporate policies, processes, and local government trade regulations.
- Support the execution of tendering policies and procedures to ensure consistency across the business.
- Maintain accurate purchasing records to easily track and compare prices, delivery times, quality, and risk.
- Review and modify specifications, purchase orders, contracts, change orders, and related documents as needed.
- Establish relationships and contact details of suppliers, vendors, and contractors in the Sudan market.
- Expedite the audit process to ensure compliance with Morouj's written procedures for tendering and procurement activities.
- Negotiate, manage, and sustain the best price-quality deals with suppliers.
- Coordinate with finance for payment and with suppliers and warehousing for the receipt of goods.
- Provide cross-departmental purchasing, tendering, and general procurement advice to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery levels and customer satisfactio
- Undertake professional networking to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders such as government departments and third-party suppliers.
- Contribute to the development of the purchase and procurement planning process by providing input on the procurement and tendering implications of proposed business change/growth.
- Receive and process procurement requests from departmental heads.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Supply chain, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ previous experience in purchasing, logistics, warehouse, or any relevant role.
Job-related Knowledge :-
- Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship
- Knowledge of purchase and procurement plans.
- Knowledge of local country tendering legislation.
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement policy, procedures, and processes is mandatory.
- Relevant IT understanding.
- Working knowledge or background in Procurement and buying services.
Technical Skills (Job Specific) :-
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with automated purchasing systems, i.e. ERP software systems.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills including planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining financial administrative systems.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage demanding priorities and deadlines.